This year Nick and I got married, a wedding I planned for almost 2 years. Planning a wedding made for a lot of events, deadlines, and hot glue gun disasters. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
As I sat down to write my goals for 2016, I couldn’t help but reflect on the past year. Cliche? I think not! This year has been a completely blessing full of new things learned and a little self realization. Are you ready for this? **Cue the music and drum roll!**
- It is okay to follow your heart!::.. For so long I would get wrapped up in the ever so popular “what will other’s think of me?” Following your heart is always a great quote to frame and hang in your office, but it truly is something to take in to consideration as we embark on any journey. It’s okay if people think I am crazy for typing to cyber world and it is okay to be a little creative in your endeavors.
- Ask questions!::.. YESSS!!! Maybe this one should have been first! I love the idea of asking questions, especially asking questions to those you look up to and admire. Several people in this world have so much insight to offer! My grandparents are a great example of this. Their wisdom supersedes my own and they are two of the most incredible people I have ever met. I found the more I asked questions about them and their life, the more I believed in myself. That may sound strange, but it is so true. Find people you admire, ask questions, repeat!
- You can’t make everyone happy!::.. “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.” You feel me?! Give people the benefit of the doubt, maybe it is a bad day, BUT it is possible you just aren’t their taste. That’s okay! It is usually has nothing to do with you, but with them. Stay kind, stay genuine, and your true intentions will always show in the end. So you aren’t their cup of tea, or a jar of peanut butter (I love peanut butter), that’s oh-kay! 🙂
- Don’t be so hard on yourself!::.. Dear Anna, stop being so critical of yourself, there are enough people in the world who are already doing that enough for you! Note to self, it is okay to not have it all together, all the time!
- Encourage others!::.. Being the difference maker, really does make a difference. Be the positive light in the lives of others. Encourage, appreciate, and respect other’s success. If you admire them, ask questions! Speaking positively to others and encouraging others always produces a positive response and betters the world!
I could probably add a few more, like I learned it is important to wash my face every. single. night. before bed to ensure I don’t have breakouts 3 days later. Or I could add “write in your journal, daily! Your soul likes that!” Like you, I am work in progress… annnnnd I have some habits to create this new year… including… washing my face every. single. night.
So what are they, my top 2016 resolutions??!
- Write more…. stay creative!::.. I am discovering my LOVE for writing, my love for being creative, and my love for sharing both!! My goal is to stay inspired, stay consistent, and to just spill my gosh dang heart out on things I love! I love cooking… share more cooking, Anna! I love home decor and I am anxious to update some of the spaces in my home… share more of THAT, Anna! You see where I am going with this?
- Focus on my health!::.. Come on, what is a resolution list without a goal for better health? I just splurged during the “holidays”, which seem to last a little longer each year, and it is time to focus! More workouts, more whole foods, more consistency! Having balance is important to me, I do love a glass of champagne and Mexican Food, but that means being more aware of my habits at all other times.
- Photos!!::.. Take more photos and scrapbook the ones I already have. I am behind, I still have to do 2014 and now 2015. This year my goal is to have both years completed by June. That gives me 6 months! Doable? I think so! On top of all of that, I want to capture more moments on my camera! Our first year of marriage is a milestone year, so I hear. My goal is to capture more of the “moments” rather than the “events”. Not just cellphone pictures, either. Pictures on my actual camera of the moments. Moments Monday for 2016?!?!?!?! Maybe I can make that my new thing! **Gasp, I love new ideas!**
- Open an IRA Account::.. A financial goal is always a good start to a new year! When I wrote out my goals, I wrote “open an IRA”… not once, but twice! HA! I guess I had it on the brain! My goal is to start saving for retirement now before we have small humans walking around.
- Music!!::.. I think I want to learn how to play guitar! Yep! I haven’t figured out how to go about this yet, I am sure there are tutorials on YouTube! I need to find a guitar and find a way to learn. I have always loved acoustic guitars and I have always loved music. Music is BIG to me. So, this year I figured I should branch out, get uncomfortable, and figure the guitar out!
- Be a Wife::.. One of the most meaningful goals on my list for 2016 is simply becoming a wife. A lot of me deciding to write a blog stems from this goal alone. Finding an amazing man to call my husband has been a complete blessing, but being the gal that I am, I can’t help but want to figure out how to do this “wife” thing better. I am not talking aprons and dusting, I am talking patience, love, and laughter. How can I become better in life so that my husband lives a better, more fulfilled life? My goal is to find balance, to strengthen my faith, serve as a partner, an encouraging best friend to Nick, and figure out how I can improve our lives as we grow our family!
Along with figuring out how to keep my car clean! I am excited for 2016!
Thank you for taking the time to read this and for supporting me! Maybe my Mom is the only one that reads these things?! Either way, I feel blessed to have found an outlet for my creativity and new life journey! I cannot wait to see what 2016 brings us all! What are some of your 2016 resolutions! Would you share them below in the comments with me!? **Pop, fizz, clink** to a new, successful year!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14618983/?claim=wke7e86rdzp”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>