Christian Picture Books for Valentine’s Day were top on my list when I started preparing for the season that included Valentine’s Day. As I went searching, I knew that I wanted our seasonal book collection to have the primary focus of God’s love for us. Second, I knew the season was yet another opportunity to teach the lessons of “how to love like Jesus” to my little one.
Today I have gathered 10 books that share the goodness of God’s great love for us! Each one of these books is an illustrative book with vibrant pictures you and your little one are sure to enjoy reading together. My hope is that you feel inspired to add some or all of these books to your collection that continues to journey with your family through the years
10 Christian Picture Books for Valentine’s Day
- God’s Great Love for You – Rick Warren – This story follows a girl as she learns how God loves you with a great big unstoppable love. This book is great for preschool age, as the comparisons and story is simple to follow.
- Little One, God Loves You – Amy Warren Hilliker – This simple book is a beautiful story during anytime of year to reiterate how God loves us. The illustrations are just as vibrant as the words in the story. This is great for little listeners who love simple stories and vibrant pictures.
- God Loves Me More Than That – Dandi Daley Mackall – I love this book for its rhyming nature and comparisons. God’s love is wider than a semi-truck and louder than thunder. The book continues on to share the depths and magnitude of God’s love for us.
- Words to Love By – Rick Warren – This is a great book for the current learning season we are in at 3 years old, though the description on the book says 4-7 years old. The book encourages children to be mindful of their words, explaining how words can spread love, kindness, and encourage.
- God Gave Us Love – Lisa Tawn Bergren – The best part of this book is learning about GOD-sized love. We love the God Gave Us series of books in our home. God Gave Us Love covers how there are different types of love shared throughout families.
- My Valentine for Jesus – Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton – This book is a simple, special book for children following a child as they express the different love they have for their family a God. A bit of a suggestion, purchase this book on Thrift Books or used on Amazon. The brand new copy on Amazon is overpriced, but if you scroll to the used options you can find more a more affordable price.
- Thank you, God, for Loving Me – Max Lucado – This book is very simple and follows Hermie the Caterpillar as he explores the way God loves him. It is the perfect bedtime book as it is not too long!
- My Valentine Story : Giving My Heart to God – Crystal Bowman – This book has vibrant illustrations and rhyming. The main focus in the story is how God loves us and how we can show our love to others. Just the message we want to send during Valentine’s Day. This is another book I would recommend finding on Thrift Books or in the used section on Amazon.
- I Can Love Like Jesus – Heidi Poelman – How did Jesus love? This book is an EXCELLENT choice for any library, anytime of year. The story shows us how we can love like Jesus using examples that we find in our everyday life. The story shows children loving like Jesus did. This is probably my favorite book in the whole list.
- God’s Love is a Warm Cookie – Susan Jones – Sharing God’s love is what makes friendship so sweet. This story follows a hedgehog as determines if the gift he has is good enough. I love the illustrations in this book!
I hope you find this list helpful as you continue to build your library for your children. You may choose to add one or two or even all of these books to your library. If you love this post, you will love my Valentine’s Day Bible Verse Countdown free download here. Also, check my Instagram as I share how I use some of these books to expand our learning and play. May you and your children grow from learning GOD is real love.