Thanksgiving is over and here comes the hustle and bustle of the Holiday season. Were you as overwhelmed by all of the Black Friday hype, emails, and sales as I was? I have never received so many emails in one day before.
With the greatest shopping season upon us, wheeeewww darlin’ it is so easy to get overwhelmed! This girl is always trying to find ways to save money and find the newest coupon code. Here are a five money saving ideas to help you and your wallet this season. Browse them all, because there is a freebie at the end!! (Who doesn’t love free?)
- Make your own gifts with L-O-V-E! Sometimes smaller homemade gifts are more appreciated than a lavish, expensive gift. Make your own gifts this Christmas! I will be posting a round up of some of my favorite Holiday DIYs later this week. (I have written it, here!) Maybe a peppermint sugar scrub is just what your girlfriends are looking forward to this year.
- Make a list Mrs. Clause! It sounds so simple, right? Don’t forget to make a list for yourself of what you actually need to buy. It is easy to become overwhelmed and sucked in to all of the holiday sales when you are out. One for you, two for me… Right? Wrong! If you have a list when you are out ((I love the app WunderList for keeping track of my lists on my phone)), you will be more inclined to only buy what you need. This will save you money and a lot of buyers remorse!
- Stay with the trend, be simple! Save on wrapping! I know we all love the new glittery, holiday paper, but opt for a more simplistic approach this year. Simple is in and now is a good time to buy the value roll of solid red or solid green paper. Add contrasting ribbon or even a dollar ornament to the package. Skip the fancy, cartoon paper this year and go simple. ((I will share some FABULOUS simple wrapping ideas later this week!))
- Have you checked out Ebates yet? Ebates is a super cool website where you get cash back bonuses when ordering online from your favorite store. We purchased new security software for our Computers on Black Friday through Ebates and earned 12% cash back and got a great deal from the software company! You can still use coupon codes and shop sales on the website. PLUS you earn cash back! Cha-ching! This is my referral link for Ebates here. I am sure you will love it like we do!
- Make your own Christmas Cards for half the price!!! This is my favorite step of all. I made our Christmas Cards for .50 cents this year!!! Yes, .50 cents! It is so simple to make and print your own Christmas Cards to save money this year. Sign up below and I will email you a free, step-by-step tutorial on how to do it yourself! I am really excited about this one!
Share this post with your friends to spread the money saving ideas this Holiday Season!! Don’t forget to subscribe above to get your free 12 steps to creating your own Christmas card and updates on future posts. No spam, I promise!
What are some of your ways for saving during the Holidays? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Thanks for checking in, friend!!
xo, Anna Panza