Preschool activities for National Crayon Day right at your fingertips today in this blog post! Did you know March 31st is National Crayon Day? Chances are if you landed here, you are on the hunt for National Crayon Day activities or simple crayon themed activities to do with your preschool age little.
Today I am going to share with you a simple paint project for National Crayon Day and a free download that has 4 easy, no-prep activity sheets for you to print and use!
When I was on the hunt for preschool activities for National Crayon Day, I stumbled upon the inspiration to do a handprint crayon box keepsake. If you follow me on Instagram or have seen some of our other activities, you know I love a good handprint craft. So a handprint crayon box is what we created for National Crayon Day! This craft is simple and only takes a few materials to create it.
Handprint Crayon Box Craft Instructions
Here is what you will need for your handprint crayon box craft:
- A small canvas (I got ours at the Dollar Tree) or a cardstock weighted white piece of paper
- Paints: Yellow, green, and 4 different colors
- A paintbrush
The instructions for your handprint crayon box craft:
- Paint your child’s hand. You will want yellow on the palm and your 4 different colors on each finger, except the thumb.
- Stamp your child’s handprint down on to the canvas or paper.
- When the paint has dried, paint on the details of the crayon box using the green paint.
- If you would like, when the paint has dried, write the child’s name on the crayon box in the center green oval or at the bottom of the crayon box.
- You can also freehand a cute border around the canvas!
Free National Crayon Day Preschool Activities
This project is simple and would make a cute greeting card for a teacher or pen pal friend! Make a couple crayon boxes on a larger canvas to create custom playroom art.
Additional blog posts with National Crayon Day inspiration:
– Coffee with Kari – Crayon Sun Catchers
– Grey Skies and Rainbow Highs – DIY Letter Crayons
– Mom Buns and Mayhem – Easter Egg Crayons and Printables
Still looking for ideas to do on National Crayon Day? Download this free activity bundle to print and use! I have included 3 themed coloring sheets and one color matching activity. I highly recommend grabbing these reusable dry erase page protectors for your color matching activities. Use your learning pages over again, but only print it one time! These learning pages are free to download and best part is, these National Crayon Day activities are no-prep. I love easy no prep activities for preschoolers!
If you love this free activity, you will also love my Rainbow Activity Bundle for Preschoolers. You can visit my shop and purchase it at ourfaithfilledhome.com/product/rainbow-bundle!
I hope this post inspired you today!
2 thoughts on “Preschool Activities for National Crayon Day”
Amazing printables! My daughter is going to have so much fun with them.
This is such a beautiful crayon idea. Thanks for sharing.